The forum for all discussions of Terra.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Ima do this alphabetically (for the most part >Razz)

Starting with the AK, The AK 100 series (the AK 101, 103 (pictured), 104, 107, and 108) are all almost the same rifle, the 104 and 108 being shortened versions of the 103 and 107 respectively... the 107 and 108 are chambered for the 5.56 which is stupid, because the 7.62 was what made the AK to me, which is why I'll be talking about the 103 and 104 which are chambered in the proper AK cartridge... While the 100 series has modernized a fair bit, being mostly plastic and synthetic instead of old school wood and metal, it still has the same problems with accuracy, not as bad as they once were, but still prevalent.

The AUSSTEYR is considered to be one of the best Bullpup designs, chambered in 5.56 it looks good to me, but according to some of its users it has some of the same problems as the first generation M-16s in that it requires meticulous cleaning or it is prone to jamming.

The Beryl is a Polish derivative of the AK, its making the list because its so damned sexy. Its got the same accuracy problems as the AKs but it also has a transparent magazine, which appeals to me. Although its chambered in 5.56... like everything else...

The Canadian C-7/C-8 are just shittier copies of the American M-16/M-4

The FAMAS is French and therefore fails by default. Its chambered in 5.56... how Vanilla and fail.

FN-SCAR oh god, the sex... I really like the SCAR-L (the SCAR-H is 5.56) its chambered in 7.62 and is sexier then hell. It got looks, stopping power, and accuracy. But it really hasn't been extensively battle-tested.

FX-05 is the new Mexican battle rifle of choice, I haven't seen much on it other then the Vanilla fact its chambered for 5.56, but it looks promising.

The HK416 is just a far sexier, more refined version of the M-16, same old 5.56, new sexier body.

The HK G-36 is the super sexy German rifle of choice, chambered in 5.56 its got a rate of fire that rivals most machine guns...

The Indian INSAS is just a shitty 5.56 knockoff of the FN-FAL.

The South Korean K-2 is another based off the M-16, but it looks prettier.

The L85A1 is the English rifle of choice, chambered in 5.56 bullpup design... blah blah blah, I find it rather boorish and ugly, besides the fact that the bayonet on the damned thing looks ridiculously small and stupid. Despite that, it performs well in battle so I can't really complain.

The M-4, sigh, 5.56, Standard armament of the United States forces, for those of you who still live under a rock. Its got decent stopping power and good accuracy, but like the AUSSTEYR it requires near-anal cleaning or its prone to jamming. but its nowhere near as bad as the M-16.

The Chinese QBZ-95 is a strange bullpup style assault rifle indeed, chambered in a round I'd never heard of up until then, the 5.8, it has more stopping power then all but the 7.62, I can't claim to know much more about it then that.

The SIG SG 540 is quite a sexy little number, made by the Swiss and chambered in 5.56, its got the looks that kill, I don't know much, but it looks damned good.

Think this and the rifle above it look the same? its because this is just a more beefy version of the SG 540, this is the SIG SG 550, chambered in 5.6, its got better stopping power, but it isn't quite as sexy.

The Finnish RK-95 is just a shitty rip-off of the AK, but its one of the better shitty rip-offs so it makes the list... barely...

The Israeli TAR-21 is a Bullpup chambered in 5.56, performs well in a battle, and, love them or hate them, the Israelis make good weapons, because they have to fight for their right to party every damned day.

The Vektor R-4 is a Sou'Frican copy of the AK that actually performs quite well, considering the fact its made in Africa, but then again Sou'Frica is far better off then 9/10ths of the rest of the continent.

The XM-8 is a 5.56 assault rifle that performs well in accuracy, besides the fact its sexy as hell. I'm a big fan.

and thats mah list, if you want more, ask...

I'm thinking of making more on earlier era weaponry as well as expanding it into pistols, SMGs, and Mech.

Last edited by Liter_Of_Cola on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevepig

PostSubject: why?   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 am

1st of all, Why is this necessary?
2ndly This clan teaches people how to stalk(problem right there) and now we are teaching about the best guns

Para what kinda clan you runnin'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 am

Bane I had to delete all of the pictures, you need to put them into thumbnail format for they were far too big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:22 am

I just used smaller images...

also steve, if you don't like it, then I'll show you the benefits of a non-serrated combat knife, over a serrated combat knife
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:41 am

Liter_Of_Cola wrote:
I just used smaller images...

also steve, if you don't like it, then I'll show you the benefits of a non-serrated combat knife, over a serrated combat knife

Much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevepig

PostSubject: MORE   Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:39 am

Yes Bane I would like to keep all my options for assassination open so please explain the knives
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 am

Stevepig wrote:
Yes Bane I would like to keep all my options for assassination open so please explain the knives

I feel a live demonstration is in order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevepig

PostSubject: I agree   Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Yes I feel that you are going to be a very good teacher and also be successful in life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renegade300

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:59 pm

you know i read that there going to make the FN-SCAR fire the standard nato 5.56 but there going to have it so it can also fire the AKs 7.62 on the same weapon not have two versions like the SCAR-L and SCAR-H it will just have a extra barrel group where it is fitted for the 7.62 and another for the 5.56 for the spec ops units so if they run out of 5.56 ammo they can change the barrel and use the 7.62, now when i say change barrel I'm assuming u know how the M-4 is set up so when u change the barrel your also changing the magazine well chamber bolt and so forth, due to that reason i think that is one of the most affective rifles that will come out in the modern age
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renegade300

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:03 pm

also the XM8 is to replace the americans standard rifle, to me it looks to plasticky, like a toy gun from some scifi show or movie, so im not realy a big fan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:25 pm

really? how are they going to pull off the magazine port, and the firing mechanism? I mean, going from 5.56 to 7.62 is a really big step, just changing the barrel wouldn't make it possible...

also, I think the XM-8 looks really fucking cool, besides its no more plastic then the modern M-4...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renegade300

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:17 am

the magazine well if conected to the barrle, for exsample when u take off the M-4 u have the barrle and the trigger group, the barrle gorup holds the bolt, and as for the magazine well idk what the plain on doin for that, but its for spec ops units so im sure they got some bad ass shit for it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles   

Back to top Go down

Liter_of_Cola's breakdown of Modern Assault Rifles
Page 1 of 1