The forum for all discussions of Terra.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is war necessary?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay_thou

PostSubject: Is war necessary?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 am

What are your thoughts on war? Do you believe war is necessary?

While I do dislike war I also believe it is completely necessary. It seems to me that as we have fewer and fewer wars more problems with resources arise. Citizens become less active and often far less patriotic. I feel that if there is no struggle then we will only become weaker and lazier. I am ashamed to say but America is a prime example. Without struggle we have become a nation of the least active people in the world. War may hurt people on a massive scale, but as land disputes have ceased in most places over population is becoming almost as deadly in some places. This theory may be a bit selfish but I believe that war is more beneficial in the long run. Although i would be pained to see a million or two people die, maybe even me, I would still believe its not possible to say it will not have benefited the world in any way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 pm

War in my opinion should be the last resort, though in our society fighting is as natural as drinking or breathing. It is sad and amazing at the same time at how "intelligent" beings can be this bloodthirsty. Conflicts should be solved by the power of words, which is stronger than weapons or other harmful entities. The power of words is quite underestimated in modern times for every great war or any great achievement was always instigated by words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 am

War is idiocy. It isn't necessary. But it is and will be unavoidable as long as humans remain ignorant of eachother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:24 am

Just about every major technological breakthrough has come as a result of war. Radar, Computers, Radios, nuclear power. A lot of tech has been made from war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 pm

sigh doesn't mean war is necessary.... at least I don't think so...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 pm

War is necessary. No matter how we hate to admit it, war is a catalyst that improves technology and it has caused countries to reach independence, cured diseases, and basically made the U.S. and Europe what it is today. Not only that, but war pumps money into the economy, saving ten times as many lives lost. War will always be around, and all we can do is accept it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Blackout wrote:
War is necessary. No matter how we hate to admit it, war is a catalyst that improves technology and it has caused countries to reach independence, cured diseases, and basically made the U.S. and Europe what it is today. Not only that, but war pumps money into the economy, saving ten times as many lives lost. War will always be around, and all we can do is accept it.

Even though war is at times necessary the scale and the methods used during the war have to be monitored. Using nuclear weapons or targeting civilians is not a progressive way to lead a war as it is not beneficial and anyway and reduces the structure of humanity. In the coming future I doubt wars will be held in real life action but more in a sense economics and cyber warfare, though not completely fatal, is a beneficial way to wage "war".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Sun May 10, 2009 8:20 am

Blackout wrote:
Again... I don't think the money we sometimes make off war means war is necessary. For that goes both ways you see... if you look at america's economic state after both world wars you'd notice it was..... lacking. Plus you don't
-need- war to make technological break throughs.. it causes them sometimes yes.. but there are other ways. The internet for instance, was -not- made as an effect of war. Niether was the modern day computer. And america didn't become what it is through war... Well except for now where if you mean it has become one of the most hated countries in the world then yes I'd agree with you, but if you mean a free democratic (sorta) nation with multiple states then no. We became democratic AFTER war, during a time of peace. Sure we became independent because of war, but that is somewhat different.... and it doesn't prove war is necessary.. especially conerning one essential detail. All your evidence is based on the not so recent past. What is necessary is unity and some damn intelligence, what's necessary is a change in humanity. And if we continue to believe war is inevitable forever, humanity will never change because we are basically setting up a mindset which causes self-fulfilling prophecy. And I hate, when people say something is inevitable when the only recent it may happen is if they let it and don't try to change anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   Sun May 10, 2009 9:02 am

Once people understand that most wars can be fought with the power of words, violence will virtually cease. The cons and pro of War are highly uneven, the cons being much more than the pros, if you are thinking in a conversant form of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloody-Romance

PostSubject: WAR!!!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 pm

War is entirely useless, I think if man ever wants to go anywhere we will have to start talking with our mouths and not with our guns. I mean bloody hell we've been fighting over the dumbest shit for 500+ years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is war necessary?   

Back to top Go down

Is war necessary?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Forum :: Terra Basis :: Intelligensia-
Jump to: