The forum for all discussions of Terra.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Are people's actions affected by race?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay_thou

PostSubject: Are people's actions affected by race?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:21 am

Do you believe that a persons actions are affected by their race or religion?
Would you say that sometimes your actions are affected by your race?

I myself believe that your race should have no bearing on your actions, and neither should where you come from. Just because you come from a certain place or a certain race does not mean you must conform to that stereo type just because of what others might say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:25 am

Your race shouldn't affect your decisions of your choice much unless you were raised that way, such as most racist people are raised to be like that by their parents and so back.

Religion though I would say plays a big part in hatreds and conflicts. The crusades are a good example as 2 religions who have typically the same "faith" killed each other out of sheer boredom and stupidity. Racial conflicts wasn't enough so they invented religion to create more chaos Laughing ... funny world we live in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 am

No matter religion, race, language, culture, etc. People hate people who are different from them, and in many cases decide they must be/have the better race/religion. But people were not bred to hate. They fear what they do not know.

I try not to have race get in my way, and I definitely do not follow the teachings of the Church by heart. When people need something to cling to, they turn to either race or religion. As we continue in our Earth, people in a struggle will turn to religion, while people who are happy turn away. There will always be suffering, so it will always affect us.

Or, ya know, ww3 could just destroy everything and leave the world to have no religion or race, but also no people.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:46 am

No one should care about what race they are.. becuase I am a god who is somehow separate from my genetic race so everyone should spend their time thinking about me... as for religion I am the only true god so the hate must stop before I cover the sky in fire and the land in the blood of the idiots i have drained.
No but seriously, race and religion shouldn't play a part... but it does.. becuase humans are ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:04 am

You should also consider that believing in a god or religion is perfectly healthy and can help people reach what they are searching for.

But there are some people who exploit their religion for gain, which gives the good people a bad name (Crusades, Conquistadors, etc.). Religion and race are catalysts for blood and greed of kings and popes and they unite people by telling them that the people across the Mediterranean are soulless or stuff like that. But, people will always be stupid and evil, and there is no possible solution for this problem in the near future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 am

I don't think actions are determined by race so much as by how you're raised. There were 2 and a half black people in my high school. They were white for all intents and purposes other then skin color.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloody-Romance

PostSubject: Maybe....   Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:04 am

I don't think it should be some people think their race is the super race or some load of bollocks like that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vile

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:34 pm

On the subject of the crusades, that's a perfect example of smart people taking advantage of the moment to manipulate hordes of stupid people to do their bidding under a veil.

Of course people's actions are affected by race because then people of that race are familiar to them because of their family. Our bodies process color and features which in turn has an effect on our thoughts, it's unavoidable. It's more social/psychological than racial <<. You don't think one way because of your race.

Or do we . . .

As Dave Chappelle once said. "I thought I liked chicken because it's delicious. Now I'm kinda mad because I realize that I'm genetically programmed to like chicken!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are people's actions affected by race?   

Back to top Go down

Are people's actions affected by race?
Page 1 of 1