Share | 

Thoughts on Religion and God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Thoughts on Religion and God   Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:53 am

What kind of beliefs do you have?

Whether you are Religious, Atheist, or Agnostic, explain why you follow said path and what your thoughts on the other paths are?

I myself am an Atheist for which I have many reasons. The most broad one is the fact that there is absolutely evidence to prove the existence a god or gods. Religion however I believe to be the most false path, as you are doing what other "men" have written and take it as the word of god. Now a higher power might be a small, small chance but something as silly as religion to be true is not in my perception of reality. Though some may disagree with me(I will gladly back up my views with more statements), keep it to a intelligent discussion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 am

I don't believe in god but I do believe in something... I just don't know what that something is... I find it hard to believe that everything that has ever happened throughout all space and time has happened by itself entirely by coincidence... I however absolutely fucking hate all the major religions of the world... And of them all I hate Catholicism the most... Its basically an entire religion of hypocrites... Its like you can do whatever you want as long as you go to confessionals and say you're sorry...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:48 pm

I myself am a believer in God, as many people are when facing a dire situation, but usually my faith wavers in and out depending what has happened to me recently.

I feel myself drifting from conformed religion because of some of its ideals and how people will label you if you are part of that religion, but as of now I am Catholic. I do respect other people's beliefs, as long as they do not try to force their way of life onto me and/or insult my beliefs.

In my belief, it does not matter who created religion as long as the message is good. Jesus told us to love one another, and I try to accomplish that, no matter how the Church mangles that view. I also believe that Buddhism is a very noble way to go, with the belief of peace, karma, and respect of nature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 am

Mmmm I belive the whole of reality has always been, and always will be. I believe the whole of reality itself -is- "God" though that's sorta inaccurate, I believe "God" is above human comprehension, I also believe the whole of reality is also beyond our comprehension, because they are one and the same, the whole of reality is an infinite eternal entity which has infinite control and knowledge of itself and everything within itself, though that in itself is inaccurate because saying "within itself" infers that the whole of reality has limits, which I believe it doesn't. Everything has happened the way it has, simply because it did, and that's because if it was supposed to have happened differently, it would have, and in truth even if somewhat theoretically, there are an almost infinite number of "dimensions" where outcomes that could have come to be, -have- we are living in the dimension we are living in because we just are. It's a little confusing, considering it's based on the fact that everything is confusing. More simple, yet more complicated than we make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloody-Romance

PostSubject: God?!?!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:56 pm

I think that there is a God simply because I was taught by the adults in my life as I was growing up that if you don't believe in God you go to hell. Now once you get past that I think that God is mans way of dealing with all the shit that goes on.

afro <----- Afro man here supports my cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Bloody-Romance wrote:
I think that there is a God simply because I was taught by the adults in my life as I was growing up that if you don't believe in God you go to hell. Now once you get past that I think that God is mans way of dealing with all the shit that goes on.

afro <----- Afro man here supports my cause.

God is more of coping mechanism when people are overwhelmed, it's just sad that people take it too seriously and believe that everything is real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloody-Romance

PostSubject: God?!?!   Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Aye for sure, for example in the Middle East all the Turbans "Killing in the name of Allah" Fuck that load of bollocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 pm

It isn't just the Islamic folks though, Catholicism has done terrible things in the past as well. In the end, its sounds like a fairy tale(a fairy tale that tells you to be violent when interpreted wrong Smile ). Public religions never turn out well, people should just stick to their private morals in their minds and not push their beliefs upon other people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:12 am

Paradosi wrote:
people should just stick to their private morals in their minds and not push their beliefs upon other people.

this statement is endorsed over 9000%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Paradosi wrote:
It isn't just the Islamic folks though, Catholicism has done terrible things in the past as well. In the end, its sounds like a fairy tale(a fairy tale that tells you to be violent when interpreted wrong Smile ). Public religions never turn out well, people should just stick to their private morals in their minds and not push their beliefs upon other people.

In all reality the conflict is never about the religion itself, its usually about people exploiting people for their own sake. When people are confused and scared, they will do anything to feel safe. Not only that, but the people who are conflicting are a small part of the religion. Not everyone in a billion people are determined to murder their religious differents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 am

Blackout wrote:
In all reality the conflict is never about the religion itself, its usually about people exploiting people for their own sake. When people are confused and scared, they will do anything to feel safe. Not only that, but the people who are conflicting are a small part of the religion. Not everyone in a billion people are determined to murder their religious differents.

Agreed... you can not blame the instrument for the stupidity of the musician... Religion is an instrument we created to play for our happiness. But instead of using only for that as it is meant to be, we use the instrument to hit people up side the head. This is not the isntrument's fault... It is the fault of the moron wielding it....

That being said, religion isn't needed anyway. It speaks to the weakness and stupidity of humanity that we still have it. One day perhaps we will outgrow religion, if we advance enoguh and religion still hasn't disappeared and it is truely hindering us, then it will need to be eliminated. But I don't think humanity as a race has progressed enough for this to be needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:13 pm

As long as people suffer, religion will be there. So if we do outgrow religion, I will be extremely impressed with ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Religion and God   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Religion and God
Page 1 of 1