The forum for all discussions of Terra.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 am

Well? is being rude, or disrespectful a sign of stupidity? I personally believe it is. But lets get this convo going! YEAH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin



PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:39 am

Well it can go both ways... There are many intelligent assholes out there in the world as well as many unintelligent kind and generous people. It all determines down to how you were raised by your parents and your surroundings, if your parents were assholes.. you would be an asshole as well. Same goes with kindness and respect(even though "respect" can be gained through fear).A person who is raised to be honest and respectful will be honest and respectful throughout life unless a traumatic event occurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:21 pm

yet can't a truly intelligent person rise above their conditioning, and the way they are raised....?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin



PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Depends on whether or not it would benefit him or not, people are sometimes assholes for sheer fun. They might enjoy a good laugh even if they are intelligent, and they get that good laugh by being an asshole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 am

Ah but being an ass makes life harder due to the fact that it only serves to make enemies. Being an asshole in essence is a form of making others unhappy, and this world is unhappy enough as it is, so why wouldn't a truly intelligent person understand that? Anyone who has long enough foresight should know the path to making the world all around happier starts with making yourself a better person, making others happy simply by being decent, if everyone realized that the world would have stopped having wars, and woulda gotten a lot more done a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 am

Isn't idealism fun? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin



PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:45 pm

If only everything was that easy Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liter_Of_Cola
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:52 am

The way I was raised, was to only give respect if given respect in return. If you're an asshole to me, I'll be an asshole to you, if you're respectful to me, I'll be respectful to you. But then there always ball-busting which isn't really being an asshole because its just for teh lolz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:04 am

Yeah but there are those people who seem to just like seeing others suffer, and they act like assholes.. or are assholes... for that reason. Those kind of people I have... a deep hatred for. And those who defend them are little better in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Railen

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 am

Explain to me this, please.

If IQ tests, with their science and their statistics backing them, do not even approach discerning what intelligence is or measuring how much it is, do you really think a subjective thing like "how much an asshole someone is" could even be considered?

Please wake up.

You could very easily meet a nice lady who's autistic, and a brilliant genius who is a complete douchebag.

And, "being an asshole" doesn't necessarily make life harder - in fact, allow me to give an example now. By disagreeing with your horrid, emotionally-based arguement, I am in fact being 'an asshole' to you. And unless you're with the Russian Secret Service or the Mob, you aren't making my life any more difficult- you're just making things more entertaining.

Next time, you probably shouldn't put something so ridiculous in the 'intelligence' section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:15 am

Lol it's not emotionally based... there's more too it too that.. sorry that you don't have the foresight to see that "entertaining" yourself by annoying me like a twit is a waste of your time when you could be doing much more constructive things, and the truth is, the world -has- enough misery the fact that you don't get that you adding to it does make life harder for everyone even though to increasingly indirect degrees.

so Railen, my dear, overly arrogant... friend... wake up. And no you aren't beign an asshole by disagreeing with me doesn't make you an asshole.. by insulting me and my argument you are... and insulting me accomplishes nothing... and if you say it accomplishes entertainment please... cease wasting space in this world and learn a more constructive way to entertain yourself. Smile The fact remains those who are assholes aren't intelligent enough to spend their time more wisely instead of getting sadistic entertainment off of the misery of others... please cease trolling Railen... it doesn't suit you. Or maybe it does?

Intelligence is somewhat subjective... but only to a certain degree. If you take into account all factors of reality, which includes yours and others emotions and the welfare of yourself and others, then you are obviously operating on a higher level than others, but I see you don't Railen gj for being shallow xD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Railen

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:42 am

Your OP said "Well? is being rude, or disrespectful a sign of stupidity?"

Is there any "intelligent" way of determining what is rude, or even better, disrespectful?

This is a rhetorical question, of course. What is rude is dependent upon the viewer, leaving it up to a completely (here we go!) subjective and emotional arguement.

Quote :
Lol it's not emotionally based... there's more too it too that.. sorry that you don't have the foresight to see that "entertaining" yourself by annoying me like a twit is a waste of your time when you could be doing much more constructive things, and the truth is, the world -has- enough misery the fact that you don't get that you adding to it does make life harder for everyone even though to increasingly indirect degrees.

so Railen, my dear, overly arrogant... friend... wake up. And no you aren't beign an asshole by disagreeing with me doesn't make you an asshole.. by insulting me and my argument you are... and insulting me accomplishes nothing... and if you say it accomplishes entertainment please... cease wasting space in this world and learn a more constructive way to entertain yourself. Smile The fact remains those who are assholes aren't intelligent enough to spend their time more wisely instead of getting sadistic entertainment off of the misery of others... please cease trolling Railen... it doesn't suit you. Or maybe it does?

I'm not quite sure what missionary you've recently led, but I'll talk about what you thought was a good idea to type.

I've already demonstrated(and am willing to further demonstrate) how your arguement is emotionally based - there is no strictly logical or scientific basis for it, that does not include a heavy dose of emotional influence.

You then continue to try and attack me directly, for "lacking the foresight" to see that "entertaining" myself by "trying" to troll you is useless, and thus stupid.

Please take a moment, and wake up. You post on an internet forum dedicated to video games. You play at least one video game. The entire purpose of these things is to entertain, to "waste time". To brand me as useless for retorting your poorly written arguement, is to brand every human on this earth as useless for "wasting time".

Now onto your little last part. Intelligence, while not directly or entirely measurable by something suchas an IQ test, is not a subjective quantity. Any intelligent person's definition of intelligence does not factor in others' perceptions of the person's personality, nor does it factor in any intelligent person's concern for human welfare, brother-love, or any other hippy concept.

You may call me shallow, and you could defintaely argue a case for how I'm a 'bad person', but your (just plain stupid) logic cannot call me unintelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioMCP

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:53 am

Drapheonas wrote:
Lol it's not emotionally based... there's more too it too that.. sorry that you don't have the foresight to see that "entertaining" yourself by annoying me like a twit is a waste of your time when you could be doing much more constructive things, and the truth is, the world -has- enough misery the fact that you don't get that you adding to it does make life harder for everyone even though to increasingly indirect degrees.

so Railen, my dear, overly arrogant... friend... wake up. And no you aren't beign an asshole by disagreeing with me doesn't make you an asshole.. by insulting me and my argument you are... and insulting me accomplishes nothing... and if you say it accomplishes entertainment please... cease wasting space in this world and learn a more constructive way to entertain yourself. Smile The fact remains those who are assholes aren't intelligent enough to spend their time more wisely instead of getting sadistic entertainment off of the misery of others... please cease trolling Railen... it doesn't suit you. Or maybe it does?

Intelligence is somewhat subjective... but only to a certain degree. If you take into account all factors of reality, which includes yours and others emotions and the welfare of yourself and others, then you are obviously operating on a higher level than others, but I see you don't Railen gj for being shallow xD.

Do you have downs syndrome?

Stop acting arrogant, we all know how dumb you really are, my scaly... acquaintance.

You honestly believe that if you are intelligent, you are magically not an asshole?

Just because Railen is actually right doesn't make him a troll, it just makes YOU dumb, which my explain your excessive use of periods and the misspelled words.

Also, hide your anger, you're obviously being trolled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:31 am

MarioMCP wrote:

Just because Railen is actually right doesn't make him a troll, it just makes YOU dumb, which my explain your excessive use of periods and the misspelled words.

Lol. I am sorry, but I just got to say an Lulz for making a grammatical error when your mocking someone else's misspelled words.

And also, being an ass is not benefitting in any way except for an emotional outlet. A true ass mocks and insults the people around him, causing nothing more than hurt feelings and vengeful spirits. I have been subject the bullying at several points in my life, and I have never seen a time where the bully gets rewarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioMCP

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 am

Blackout wrote:
MarioMCP wrote:

Just because Railen is actually right doesn't make him a troll, it just makes YOU dumb, which my explain your excessive use of periods and the misspelled words.

Lol. I am sorry, but I just got to say an Lulz for making a grammatical error when your mocking someone else's misspelled words.

And also, being an ass is not benefitting in any way except for an emotional outlet. A true ass mocks and insults the people around him, causing nothing more than hurt feelings and vengeful spirits. I have been subject the bullying at several points in my life, and I have never seen a time where the bully gets rewarded.

Also, sorry kid. You don't know what irony is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackout
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 am

Apparently neither do you.

And I knew that was going to happen, always does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drapheonas
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:01 am

Railen wrote:
Your OP said "Well? is being rude, or disrespectful a sign of stupidity?"

Is there any "intelligent" way of determining what is rude, or even better, disrespectful?

This is a rhetorical question, of course. What is rude is dependent upon the viewer, leaving it up to a completely (here we go!) subjective and emotional arguement.

Quote :
Lol it's not emotionally based... there's more too it too that.. sorry that you don't have the foresight to see that "entertaining" yourself by annoying me like a twit is a waste of your time when you could be doing much more constructive things, and the truth is, the world -has- enough misery the fact that you don't get that you adding to it does make life harder for everyone even though to increasingly indirect degrees.

so Railen, my dear, overly arrogant... friend... wake up. And no you aren't beign an asshole by disagreeing with me doesn't make you an asshole.. by insulting me and my argument you are... and insulting me accomplishes nothing... and if you say it accomplishes entertainment please... cease wasting space in this world and learn a more constructive way to entertain yourself. Smile The fact remains those who are assholes aren't intelligent enough to spend their time more wisely instead of getting sadistic entertainment off of the misery of others... please cease trolling Railen... it doesn't suit you. Or maybe it does?

I'm not quite sure what missionary you've recently led, but I'll talk about what you thought was a good idea to type.

I've already demonstrated(and am willing to further demonstrate) how your arguement is emotionally based - there is no strictly logical or scientific basis for it, that does not include a heavy dose of emotional influence.

You then continue to try and attack me directly, for "lacking the foresight" to see that "entertaining" myself by "trying" to troll you is useless, and thus stupid.

Please take a moment, and wake up. You post on an internet forum dedicated to video games. You play at least one video game. The entire purpose of these things is to entertain, to "waste time". To brand me as useless for retorting your poorly written arguement, is to brand every human on this earth as useless for "wasting time".

Now onto your little last part. Intelligence, while not directly or entirely measurable by something suchas an IQ test, is not a subjective quantity. Any intelligent person's definition of intelligence does not factor in others' perceptions of the person's personality, nor does it factor in any intelligent person's concern for human welfare, brother-love, or any other hippy concept.

You may call me shallow, and you could defintaely argue a case for how I'm a 'bad person', but your (just plain stupid) logic cannot call me unintelligent.

Do you get the fact that "scientific" basis doesn't determine if someone is intelligent? Railen.. you realize what is "logical" is subjective...? And ummm Railen you do understand that the only reason you think there's no logical basis for what i said is because you disagree right...? Because the logical basis is it's logical for us to want the best for ourselves, and if people were really intelligent (which alot of people aren't... if you pay attention to the world you'd see there's an unfortunate surplus of stupidity) they'd understand therefore the best way they could get the best for themselves is if -everyone- were looking out for the best for -everyone- else. Think of it this way, one person looking out for himself, that's one person, but if you looked out for everyone else, and -everyone- was also looking out for you, that's definitely more than one person. And where's this missionary crap coming from? You think someone needs to be religious to be a decent person? And I haven't metioned personality as having anything to do with this subject at all... what makes a person intelligent is how logically soembody thinks, and how much they take into account every aspect of reality as i have previously stated. Love... I am speaking of common awareness, and a higher level of thinking, not love...

My logic (which you haven't logically judged without emotional bias yourself) can easilly call you unintelligent... A truly intelligent person operating on a higher level of thinking would see that trying make others unhappy is stupid as hell.... I mean your argument is that because this topic is in a froum dedicated to gaming means it's the same thing as pointlessly annoying or insulting others? I'll just stomp your poorly thought out statement right there... It isn't and there's a very simple reason why: Wasting time on a video game is better than wasting time making others pissed on purpose. Look at mario for instance, his post was completely stupid, a bunch of statements without any basis aside from "I think you're wrong so you have downs lololol i'm a stupid troll lololol".... any mature intelligent individual would agree that makes mario looks plain -stupid-. I'll take this whole convo to a intelligent adult and ask their opinion if you want and i am 80% certain you and mario would both be labeled as immature nitwits (maybe not those exact words). Yes Railen I know what my OP said, but honestly, this is a somewhat vague concept which is hard to state simply.

By the way... mario what i am saying is intelligent people who aren't assholes are more intelligent than people who are supposedly intelligent yet are dicks. And Mario... this place is called the Intelligensia... it's not meant for little boys who think America "won" the vietnam war.... so SHHHH the big boys are talking my overly patriotic, squeaky voiced.... forget it i will not stoop to you're level!!!!!! RAWR. Uh also I am arrogant.. but right now my arrogance has nothign to do with the matter.. I merely am confident I am correct in this situation. This was a truly intelligent non flaming topic till Railen stepped in, then it just got worse when you decided to rear your brother humping head. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradosi
Admin



PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:22 am

I am locking this topic up, all that needed to be said is already said, flaming is starting to turn up as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?   

Back to top Go down
 
Is being an asshole a sign of idiocy?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Forum :: Terra Basis :: Intelligensia-
Jump to: